Tim and Doug share real-life examples of when someone in a relationship holds back on who they really are in order to keep the other person happy. This is something that they see over and over again from members of ‘The Activation Process’ and it always leads to a false or failed relationship.
Like in any relationship, if you hold back on how you are really feeling for fear of upsetting your partner, it always gets bottled up and these bottled up emotions will always come out at some point in a much more explosive way than if you tackle the issue there and then.
Doug shares a personal story of when his wife spotted that he was in a habit of dimming his own lights in order to make other people feel better. Upon discovering this trait and working on it, Doug saw the picture change completely.
In the final part of this episode Tim asks the all-important question, How do you let your light shine and be the full you while also keeping your partner happy…
- The importance of a simple conversation.
- Doug’s technique of ‘what else is possible’.
- How to use outside the box thinking.
- How not ruffling feathers can inspire others.
- How to be yourself while keeping others happy.
- Understanding when your ego is talking to you.